Research Paper 1 – CCV

Carlos Cruz Villagomez

My research paper is about a poster by Cuban graphic designer Beltran of Angela Davis in the 1970s. Angela was a political activist, scholar, and author, who was well known for her arrest. She was accused of purchasing guns used in a crime where a prosecutor was killed and a juror was injured. Due to this arrest, many posters were created and designed with the text “Free Angela” to show support. 

Here’s my research paper:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M2kMlp3N1aAcgY1hd3UG0zlgv0LTs8iH3T5Z8fqiJ-M/edit?usp=sharing

1. Prof. Childers

I can’t comment directly on your paper, you have several typos including: Him and other artists
    Very interesting commentary and beautiful poster. But the assignment is to:examine the ways in which the creator was responding, directly or indirectly, to theories related to linguistics or semiology, avant-garde art movements, or the psychological perception of forms (ie. any of the ideas that we’ve covered).
    Discuss the manner in which the design you’ve chosen embodies these theories. Provide direct references to relevant passages from our readings. Locate additional writings using library resources to substantiate your comparisons.