Tiffany HW #4 Death of a Loyalist Soldier

I think the photograph of the “Falling Soldier” was not staged. Robert Capa would go to extreme lengths to take a good photo. He would risk his life to capture a photograph that would speak to everyone. I think people think it’s staged because of the soldier’s spread of body looked exaggerated and how the gun is facing away from him looks weird, but really every soldier falls a different way when being hit by a bullet. The soldier’s facial expression looks real, you can see the bending of his knee that when he got shot and was falling, the soldier tried to save his fall in a way. I don’t think Capa would be so cruel to stage this, because nothing about the death of a soldier is funny. There’s also another photo of another soldier falling that I saw in this article, and it looks real too. It just shows that depending on where you get hit it can determine how you fall. Also the angle matters when taking a photo and I just think Capa did a great job at capturing real life things happening during war. The D-Day photograph, that’s real and it shows that Capa takes his career seriously and no matter the danger it takes and risk it takes to capture something real and in the moment, Capa will do it, so I don’t think he staged the “Falling Soldier.”

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.