Mahbubur: Photography, Social Media and Art

Yes, I do use social media in my everyday life. The most popular social medias which I use are Instagram and Facebook which helps me to think about the new art places to visit like Recycled Art Exhibit at Bridge Gallery in NYC, MoMa museums, and Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Mirrored Room. The rise of social media in modern society has changed the way people experience and share many parts of their lives, from food to friendships. And art is no exception. In recent years, social media has had a profound impact on art institutions and visitors alike in Seattle and influencing not just the marketing but also the creation and curation of art. I look for Art places on Instagram and I prefer to my friends and also visit them. The popularity of social media has also shaped the modern experience of visiting museums and galleries. A social media buzz is a great way to attract new, and especially young, visitors. Even if I post a selfie with the art in the background, it is calculated to win likes, but it’s actually leads a follower falling in love for real with the art. Art and photography are for everyone, encouraging a new, younger generation to get involved and to feel it belongs to them is incredibly important.

This entry was posted in #studentHW and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.