Leocardie’s Hw 1

Leocardie Delva

H.W #1

To me photography is a great way to capture those special moments that we experience in our lives. Personally, I live for those moments when I can scroll through my camera roll and go back in time and relive those great times that Iā€™ve had. Photography is a great way to tell a story through a picture. For example, If I go out to a new restaurant and I decided to post a picture of my meal, it lets you know that I enjoyed it. For instance, I wouldnā€™t post a photo if my plate if the food was absolutely disgusting. I want to showcase the food, even shout out the restaurant if it was really good. But just by doing that, Iā€™m letting my audience know that I had a great time at whatever restaurant it was. A great photographer is able to take a simple photo and share the story with their audience.

Selfies to me is a great way to let you know how someone feels about themselves by the way they present themselves to the world. It used to give you a bit on insight on oneā€™s life. But nowadays with technology advancing and society having such a huge impact on how people view themselves, they are often misleading. For example, when it comes to snapchat and/or Instagram a lot of people are just posting things just for likes. Theyā€™ll go out of their way to make sure something looks a certain way, or theyā€™re doing something to make it seem genuine, when in fact that is not the case. Social media has such a huge impact on our everyday lives that we feel as if everything we do we have to post. Iā€™ve seen people out at parties do a whole 10/15 second video of them dancing and ā€œhaving a great timeā€ then once the video is over they sit back down and do nothing. I definitely agree with Cindy Shermanā€™s statement when she says ā€œOne of the most important lessons of her photography is that the roles and appearances that lock in social norms arenā€™t imposed from on high.Ā We perform them ourselves, and the mark of their perniciousness is that we donā€™t even notice.ā€

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Leocardie’s Hw 1

1. Sandra Cheng says:

This is an excellent, thoughtful post. Your story about preparing a performance to show you’re having a good time is fascinating and raises many interesting questions about how many are conscious of performing, even when they are at rest or play.