After my first week of working with C&T Productions, I can easily see that I’m already being tested. I’ve been put on a small mission. This mission is to create what’s known as an “establishing shot”. An establishing shot is usually the first shot of a new scene, designed to show the audience where the action is taking place. It’s more than likely a very wide shot, which is meant to create a sense of being immersed within the setting. Establishing shots are evident in every single motion picture and as movie-watching beings, we’ve all witnessed them before!

C&T Productions has multiple cameras, which include mostly Canons and Sony cameras. Specifically, these include Sony FS7’s, Sony A7s’, Canon C500’s, and Canon 5D Mark 111’s. These are actually cameras I’ve known about for quite some time now and it’s awesome to be able to work with a company that has access to these machines. Essentially, I’m currently responsible for creating an establishing shot out of footage gathered from the company. The clips needs to be at least 20 seconds long and it should create a certain mood and emotion.

I’ve been given a wide variety of footage, all filmed in 1080p at 60 frames per second. With that being said, I can safely say I’ll definitely be implementing some slow motion into my establishing shot. I’ve been advised to use Adobe Premiere Pro to complete the task. This is a program that I’ve experimented with for the past 2 or 3 years and I’m fairly comfortable using it by now. Below are some screenshots of the footage I plan on using. In addition, I’ll attach a link to a great website where I found some awesome royalty-free music, which I plan on using for the clip.

http://www.bensound.com

vlcsnap-2016-03-18-06h14m36s201

vlcsnap-2016-03-18-06h12m09s255

vlcsnap-2016-03-18-06h10m09s60

vlcsnap-2016-03-18-06h07m01s251