FAQs

Participate in OpenLab Courses

How Do I…

post or upload assignments on the OpenLab?
post or upload course materials on the OpenLab?
help my students find my Course?
set up a discussion board?
set up a Course on the OpenLab? (Faculty-only)

How Do I Post or Upload Assignments on the OpenLab?

• To post/upload course assignments, first make sure that you are a member of your OpenLab course by clicking Join Now or Request Membership on your course’s profile page.
  • Once you are a member of an OpenLab course, you can post and/or upload your assignment by going to the course’s profile page and clicking Dashboard underneath the Course Site link on the right-hand side of your screen.
  • From the Dashboard, you can click Posts > Add New to post or upload your assignment.

How Do I Post or Upload Course Materials on the OpenLab?

How Do I Help My Students Find My Course?

• You can find a course by clicking Courses from the main menu at the top of the OpenLab homepage. You can narrow your search by using the filter options (school, semester, etc.) in the right-hand menu on the Courses page.
  • You can also find an OpenLab course by using the search bar at the top right-hand corner of your screen. Enter the course name and select Courses in the drop-down menu next to the search box.
  • From your course profile page, students can join your course by clicking Join Now beneath the course avatar or if the course is restricted to members only by clicking Request Membership.

How Do I Set Up a Discussion Board?

• You can set up a discussion board or “discussion forum” on the the profile page of your OpenLab course, project, or club.
  • To set up a discussion board, go to your profile page and click Discussion in the right-hand menu.
  • Once you are on the Discussion page, you can click New Topic and enter your discussion topic title and content. When you are finished starting a new discussion, you can click Post Topic.

How Do I Set Up a Course on the OpenLab? (Faculty-only)

• Once you are signed in to the OpenLab, you can click My OpenLab in the main menu. Then click My Courses in the right-hand menu. On the My Courses pages, click +Create/Clone a Course to create a new course or to clone an existing one.
Tags: