FAQs

Work in a Project

How Do I…

decide whether to choose a club or project?
change my existing club or course to a project?
find projects that I might be interested in?
make someone else the admin? I’m the admin for my project but I’m graduating.
make it possible to allow several people to be able to update our website?
link our existing website to our OpenLab Project Profile?
start using a site on the OpenLab if our project has another website already?
post or upload material on the OpenLab?

How do I decide whether to choose a club or project?

• It is up to you which of these you would like, but clubs are usually either sanctioned City Tech clubs, or non-sanctioned clubs. Projects can be used much more broadly: any group of like minded individuals, a department committee, even a group caring for a garden!

How do I change my existing club or course to a project?

• You cannot switch a club or course to a project yourself.  However, if you want to change the category of your club, course, or project, please contact us and we can make the switch for you.

How do I find projects that I might be interested in?

• There are a few ways to do this. You could just browse through the projects section, looking around. Or you can use the search box on the right side of the page (below the narrowing fields, and the submit and reset buttons).

How do I make someone else the admin? I’m the admin for my project but I’m graduating.

• If they’re not already a member of your project on the OpenLab, they’ll need to join it.
  • Once they’ve joined or if they’re already a member, you can promote them to admin status from the “Members” section on the profile page of your project.

How do I make it possible to allow several people to be able to update our website?

• All members of the project can update the site, but you can more closely manage who can do what.

How do I link our existing website to our OpenLab Project Profile?

• You can do that when you create your project on the OpenLab.
  • If you’ve already created your project, you can add the external site in your project Settings.

How do I start using a site on the OpenLab if our project has another website already?

• If you have your project’s website already linked to your profile on the OpenLab, you can unlink it in Settings.
  • If you don’t have your project’s website linked to your profile on the OpenLab, you can create a site either when you start your project on the OpenLab or later in your project’s Settings.

How do I post or upload material on the OpenLab?

Tags: