Dear Stuff-Dina

Dear Blanket,

You and I have come a very long way, for you were given to me as a gift when my godparents came to visit me in the hospital when I was born. Since I was a baby, I’ve slept with you every night. Even when we would take our family trips to Mexico, when I was younger my mom made sure to pack you along with us. If not I could not sleep at all and I would be up all night tossing and be turning. I even had you included in my sweet 15!, instead of using a doll that I just bought just for the purpose of the ultima muneca. I felt like it wouldn’t be as meaningful, using a doll I just bought; when I already have a prized possession from my childhood. Although my mom hated the idea of using you instead of doing a ultima muneca , I insisted on using you. You’ve been through it all with me, from family deaths to arguments with my family and break ups. In all those situations, I came to you to cry on, I would lock myself in my room lay down on my bed and wrap myself in you. At the end of a long day, I enjoy the soft feeling of you that runs through my fingertips; It makes me feel at ease honestly. I want to thank you for always being there for me when I needed to let it all out. And even though everyone in my family insists that I get rid of you because you are so old and are almost falling apart by the threads. I can’t because you hold a very special place in my heart . Getting rid of you is like getting rid of my childhood memories and I plan to keep you around long enough so that my kids can even use you .