tag your it

Elementary school, the last time school was really fun. It was a hot summer day, we were out in the yard for recess. We played everything, tag, asses up, kick the can, man hunt, and red light green light; also I can’t forget we played all sports, ALL. This one day we decided to play tag. Our favorite place to play, was in the ally way. For some reason the teachers didn’t monitor us there as much. The fence and the step was the base, and if you went out the yard you would be “it.” I remember holding on to the fence as the “it” chased after someone. I made a mad dash to free someone, when a foot came out of nowhere. Head down on my hand and knees, I remember wanting to find out who tripped me. As I raised me head all I heard was oooo, ahhhhs, and omg. I remember wiping my face thinking it was sweat, but my hand was the brightest red I had ever seen. One kid said your blood splashed me when you picked your head up. The whole time I’m thinking I cant be hurt I’m not in pain nor was I crying. As the teachers arrived, one  grabbed a shirt and held it to my face, and rushed me to the nurses office. As the nurse removed the shirt of my face in the bathroom that is when the pain kicked in. I started crying instantly. The nurse then handed me a phone, when I answered it was my dad; which, made me cry even more. When my dad arrived he took me to the hospital. Seventeen stiches later and a scare for life I went back in search to find the foot. Not one person seen who the foot belonged to. But I did get the t-shirt with my blood on it from when I picked up my head and sprayed everyone around.