Description Project-Dina

Church Avenue Train Station  This is the train station that I use, It is the F line which goes to Manhattan and Coney Island. I chose this place to describe my neighborhood because it plays such a big role I am at this station on a daily basis. I start my day here and end my day here. Here I hear the sound of the trains coming and going as well the sound of the “Please stand clear of the closing doors”. Most times I get the smell of fresh paint because they are constantly painting here. I see people going and coming from work or a packed subway platform when there are delays. At the end of the day when I am coming from school or work, once I get off the train and I am walking home I feel a sense of relief and calmness to be in area what I know so well and am use to.

Church Avenue Itself

Here is an image of Church Avenue itself, I chose this image to describe my neighborhood because here is where all the stores are at. If I need to buy something here is where I would go. If I want a chocolate milkshake I would walk through here to get to carvel. If I want a fresh bagel I would walk through here to Bagel delight . What I like about this place is that here I am always running into my relatives such as aunts, uncles and cousins as well as my friends. Since I live close to my family and friends I am always finding myself running into them and being able to catching up. It’s a friendly environment because everyone knows each other.  But at times I do run into people who I rather not always see and it goes both ways. Here I see the B35 bus stop that goes to Sunset 1st avenue and the one that goes to Brownsville with the bus stops being packed by people waiting for the bus. It can be hard to walk through, here I hear the loud noise of cars honking due to the traffic. The majority of people I see here are Hispanics, Blacks and Indians. I also see people who are just coming out of the train station running across the street to catch the bus screaming and hollering “Hold the bus !”.

Home Sweet Home

This place is the block I grew up on and that I still live on today , I chose this place because you get an actual visual where I come from. Though it isn’t much and isn’t the most prettiest thing ever, I feel happy that I haven’t become hooked onto the things and that are done constantly occur on my block. I don’t like the activities that happen on my block. Such as smoking on the front stoops when there are children outside playing and the group of guys that hang out on the corner all day long. The type of people that I see on my block are people from Colombia , Puerto Rico, China and India. Usually I smell gas due to the fact that across the street where I live there is a autoshop so I have to constantly deal with cars blocking the streets . In front of my building I have the B16 bus stop that goes towards Caton park. So on the weekends I see kids and their parents dressed in soccer uniform waiting for the bus. What I usually do on my block, is when it is nice outside my mom, sister and I like to sit on our building stoop and watch my nephew play outside with my neighbors. During the weekends I hear music from Colombia that my neighbor plays from his speakers.