Jacquelyn Blain

Subrina Sultana- klass

I’m a part of the “learning” community because I had to learn English, and I consider learning whole languages isn’t easy where everything was new to me. At nine years old, I honestly wasn’t prepared and was constantly left alone in school. I wasn’t being to communicate with other classmates, making me feel terrible. When I worked with four people, we made our math problem, and it wasn’t difficult. We were able to finish on time. When it was presentation time when a different teacher came to the class, she called on me, and I couldn’t answer it because she didn’t know I didn’t speak English. Everyone looked at me even though I knew what I wanted to say, but I couldn’t put the right words into it. Finally, someone stepped into the conversation and explained the work. It made me realize how important learning is because you need it. Nobody will sit there all day long to teach you. You have to do it for yourself. One of the phrases that stuck out to me was “try” and “be confident.” These phrases made me feel like I could do it, and I started working for it. I believed giving up wasn’t an option because you have to try it. You live in a country where you need to know To communicate and get better opportunities. Perri Klass learned the new language and even had to communicate it professionally. It is certainly not easy, but you work for it to overcome your struggles.

1. Jacquelyn Blain

This is fine, but you really need to show us how you work with a group or how you connect with other people who are in the same situation. Remember: this is about community and not just about you. These are always tricky but done well, they’re fascinating.