Vocabulary to know:
- Cursory – not paying much attention/to be fast.
- Superficial – occurring on the surface.
- Perfunctory – in a fast paced/rush.
- Haphazard – lack of order or planning.
- Attribution – to give credit.
- Contextualized – to put an action in a context, one that is appropriate, for purposes of study.
- Thesis – the main point/ main argument.
- Annotate – provide more information, to take notes.
What are we struggling about? / Questions for Assignment
- How to cc others
- structure / formatting/ organization (differ)
- Content / formality / tone
Our strong points in Assignment #2:
- Transitions / flow
- Connect experience to bigger issues
- Intro to paragraph hook/praise
- addressed assignment expectations
- incorporating pre-draft (blog)
- main points
- clear sentences
- professional tone
- incorporate research
- prove substantial
- connect experience
Our weak points in Assignment #2:
- Bad structure
- Style/sentence- level
- tense/voice(active) – formatting
- make clear statements
- structure – transitions – repetitive
- forgetting smaller details
- personal (?)
- To ……
Things our school needs:
- More money/tuition
- More students/ enrollment
- Retention rate
- Graduation rate
- Be sure to categorize everything we post on open lab.
- Read Strategies for Summarizing.