First walk in New York City

My first walk thru New York City was a pleasant one, If I recall correctly it was in the year 2005 and it was in Coney Island Brooklyn, it was also my first time in the U.S and the walk turned out to be pretty weird since I did not know where I was. Thankfully I was traveling with my cousin and she knew the area around there pretty well, but I was so lost at that time that I cannot remember the name of the places we went to or the stores that we visited. What I do remember is that we passed thru a park, the park itself was pretty big and it had tennis courts, basketball courts, and a football field. In my opinion this park is great since the place I live in does not have that many parks or fields in which kids can play in, these are the only things that I can remember from my first walk in New York City which in the end turned out to be a great experience that I will never forget.

One thought on “First walk in New York City

1. After your walk through Coney Island, did you look at your own neighborhood differently? Maybe you walked looking at places where a tennis court could be, or you were grateful that you knew the street names and where you were going?