Gordon Parks

Godon parks was a civil rights photographer. He stood for African American RIGHT IN THE 2OTH CENTURY.He left behind an exceptional of work that documented  Americans life and culture ,with a focus on race relations, poverty, civil rights, and urban life.

Parks  developed his personal style that made him a celebrated photographers of his era. His extraordinary pictures allowed him to break the color line in professional photography while he created remarkably expressive images that explored the social and economic impact of poverty, racism, and other forms of discrimination.

I was lucky  to be provided a project about him in my  Design team class.I was the black history month .There was an exception about him in the grace gallery.For Design team we were assigned by my professor to make 3 ads using his photographies and quotes.While searching about him and knowing who he is. Something stood up to be that every photography of his ia a master piece.It shows how people were actually suffering.It conveys a message.When i look at the pictures i feel like the people in the picture are talking.One quote i really loved of his is this.“I chose my camera as a weapon against all the things I dislike about America – poverty, racism, discrimination.”. I feel that this quote is what he was using to convey and reflect through his images.