Wen Yong Huang:Who Takes Selfies?

Photography has play a very significant role in today’s world. Due to the steadfast development of technology, many people carry their smart electronic devices where ever they go. Therefore, selfies become extremely popular across the countries. In the website, “SELFICITY,” describes the findings about people taking selfies of themselves in five different cities. One of the interesting fact that impress me is that women strike more expressive poses than men by 50% for head tilt angle. I think the reason to this is because women want to show that they have extreme power as men do. Additionally, what surprise me the most is the amount of smiling faces in New York City is (.57 average smile score) which is middle of other cities. Lastly, the proportion of women taking selfies in each city also catch my attention is the amount of smiles in Bangkok has (.68 average smile score) which consider as the highest score when compare to the other cities. However, the percentage of women taking selfies in this city is the least.

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.