“Deep Black” – A Dramatic Series of Black & White Photographs by Benoit Courti

Benoit Courti is a french photographer living in Paris. He is known for his unique series of black and white photos which he calls Deep Black. This dynamic compositions are simply created by placing the model or symbols against pitch black backdrops and then using lighting to illuminate them. The final result are so stunning.

“Illuminating simple subjects, minimal compositions whilst preserving a strong expressiveness,” Courti says was the thought behind this series.

http://benoitcourti.4ormat.com/deepblack

4 Responses to “Deep Black” – A Dramatic Series of Black & White Photographs by Benoit Courti

1. yennyrosario says:

I do agree with the post that the images are stunning when they are revealed. The images change dramatically when they are in black and white but the way the lighting is place in this picture it adds a mysterious twist living the viewer wanting more from the photography. The objects that are place in the middle of the photos are the main subject of the photograph and it makes these pictures have a different dynamic. The picture brings a magical view. To conclude these images have an amazing style full of simplistic ways that express what the photographer wants.

2. I love black and white pictures. Especially the ones with a lot of contrast like these do. The simple layouts combined with the deep underlying themes draw you in. These are some of the best pictures I have seen in a while.

3. wowyzb says:

Black, white, feathers, fingers, dices consist of “Deep Black” – A Dramatic Series of Black & White Photographs by Benoit Courti. All of them give me some special feeling. I think the photographs that represent the religious, relationship and fate. In a dark background, the white feathers fly in the air. Is the angel fell down? A hand comes from deep dark. Is someone needs help? Dices appear in front of someone’s face. Is someone faces his fate? The series photographs express some “deep questions”. I believe these photos belong to surrealism. They are really great.

4. jpalex says:

Sometimes the simplicity of things can have a whole new take on an Idea. We are busy trying to find the next best thing in the industry and not knowing that sometimes great ideas come by the simplest means. For example Nike their logo design is a simple check mark however millions of people associate that check mark with one of the best know brands out there.