Monthly Archives: November 2012

Discussion Topic: Photographing the Beginning of the Civil Rights Movement

This week, I would like you to consider two photographic works taken at the very beginning of the Civil Rights movement in the 1950s. In 1955, Swiss-born photographer Robert Frank traveled across the country taking photographs of people. … Continue reading

Posted in Discussion Topics | Tagged , , , , , , | 2 Comments

Food Photography

In my opinion food photography is one of the best things out there. I’m a fan when it comes to snapping a photo before i eat and post up a photo of my food on instagram to share with people.  Whats so … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

The Art of Food Photography

I agree that photographing food is an art form. I think the reason people photograph food so much besides the fact that cameras are now available on our phones wherever we go, we find the need to capture an art … Continue reading

Sandy’s Aftermath

It’s been several weeks since the devastating and excruciating hurricane hit New York City and New Jersey, where millions of innocent people were “surprised” by the effects of mother nature (Hurricane Sandy).  Where people lost their houses by Sandy, in … Continue reading

Capa’s Falling Soldier

When I first saw this photograph (“Falling Soldier”), it never crossed my mind that this photograph could’ve been staged, because during that time staged photographs weren’t common or popular.  After reading Richard Whelan’s article about Capa’s photograph authenticity, I have … Continue reading

“Food Photography”

“Food Photography” is becoming more and more popular among food lovers and photograph addicts. With today’s technology, now it’s  much easier to photograph a certain type of food or a dish.  One of the advantages that we have now over … Continue reading

Just an accessory

“Food” assumes a very broad specter of things that can be consumed. The purest form of food is fruits and grains that were created for human consumption. The original food is beautiful to our eye, as it was made for … Continue reading

Hurricane Sandy

For the Hurricane Sandy disaster I found many of my information through Facebook and many other social networking website. I gotta admit my friend also posted the “shark” photo and I really did believe it & i also shared it with a … Continue reading

Documenting Hurricane Sandy

When I heard news of a hurricane reaching New York, the thought that came to mind was “is it possible?” I have never experience the events of a hurricane and I didn’t plan to. But when Monday hit, the wind … Continue reading

The Art of Food Photography

Not only am I a fan of food photography, but it is an art I participate in myself.  Taking photos of food is something that a lot of people do now and it’s sort of a trend.  Whether it’s a … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment