Lynn Gernert | D546 | Spring 2022

Discussion: Introductions

Please add a comment to this post introducing yourself to the class. You could include your academic interests, why you chose your major, what you enjoy reading, listening to, watching, and doing in your spare time, or anything else you want to share (include your pronouns, if you wish).

Before next class, please add your introduction and read the comments.

Get to know your classmates! Reply to one of your classmates’ comments. Do you have something in common? Did you learn something? Be kind.

1. Mohammad Sami

Hello everyone! My name is Mohammad Sami. My major is architectural technology. Well, some of you may know me from previous semester. I live in Bronx, the birthplace of hip-hop culture and the home of country’s one of the professional baseball teams, New York Yankees also known as Bronx Bombers. During my leisure time, I listen to the music and draw something that come in my mind. Also, I read magazines like Vogue, Mental Floss, The Week Junior etc in order to improve my English language and writing skills. I’m currently enrolled in architectural classes and taking the steps I need to help pursue my dream of becoming an architect and I believe after studying hard and soul and becoming a professional architect, I will be able to create the perfect home for my family.

2. eugeniasamantha

Hello my name is Eugenia Samantha Parra I like being called by my middle name Samantha.I live in Queens in my free time I like listening to hip-pop or r&b and painted ,but I’m also suck with babysitting my two sister because I’m the oldest .Also, I enjoyed watching anime such as Arrack on Titans, but I also like to read mangas.My major is architectural technology I choose this major because when I was small I use to live in Ecuador but coming here and seeing buildings like in Times Square I imagine that on places like Ecuador I enjoyed creating and to think outside of the box in which is why I enrolled in architecture classes.

3. Valery Romero

Hello, my name is Valery Romero. I live in Brooklyn NY. What I like doing in my free time is listening to music, I really don’t listen to one type of music so what I listen to most is random, I like taking out my dog for walks, painting, and watching Netflix at times. Drawing and sketching are what I like to do in my free time as well so when I have my career I want to do what I like to do most. My major is Architecture, I choose this major because I feel it’s something cool to do in any place meaning creating any kind of building and seeing how far you could go with your mind. Another reason is that one day I would like to do a house for my family where they would like to be and they enjoy it.

4. BryantA

Hello, my name is Bryant Ariza. I live in Brooklyn, New York. My major is architectural technology. I choose this major because I’m fascinated not only by big buildings like skyscrapers, but also out of the ordinary and seemingly unusual buildings. In my spare time, I play soccer and basketball with my friends and family. My future goal is have a large property/space to create a modern home for my family.

5. Tamara

Heyyy, My name is Tamara Lemoire. I am an 18 year old freshmen in college. I am majoring in architecture. I decided to major in architecture because ever since I moved to NY I have always been interested in the different types of buildings that are here. Every time I see a different building I want to know how the building was built, who built it, what materials did they use to build it and or how could it have been built better. In my free time I like to draw buildings and people and etc I also love to cook, dance listen to music and meditate.

• Tamara

I also live in Brooklyn, NY

6. victor vega

Hello, my name is Victor Vega, I live in The Bronx, and I major in Architecture. From the very beginning I was interested in building, whether it was Legos, or small paper houses, it was something that I liked. As I got older It was just something that stuck with me. some of my family has been in construction so they have taught me most of what I know. now it is something I want to do forever. In my free time I like to skateboard/ longboard and experiment with model making. I like rock and rap music as well.

7. Jasmin Vidal

Hello!! My name is Jasmin Vidal. I live in Brooklyn, NY. I am majoring in Architecture. The reason I chose Architecture as my major is because I have a big interest towards buildings and getting to knowledge the development of each part into designing and building the structure. In my spare time, I like to watch Netflix series, spend time with my family, and bake treats. One of my goals is being able to create a home for my family and involving a few acres of land into the large property.

8. Nouman

Hello!! My name is Nouman Arshad. I live in Brooklyn NY. The reason why I decided to study architecture is that these buildings have inspired me and I always wanted to know how these skyscrapers were build such as what kind of material they used and how they were able to build high without any error. In my free time I like to either go work or play games but I mostly go work in my free time.

9. Alexis Cisneros

Hello, my name is Alexis Cisneros . I live in queens. The moment I realized I wanted to become an architect was in elementary school. In middle school I was still interested and then I ended up going to an architecture high school. The way I gained experience was through my high school architecture classes which were from 9th through 12th grade. As well as my high school after-school architecture club where I would further develop my skills by working on projects and going to actual sites. My

Alexis Cisneros
    high school teachers would teach me a lot about architecture and how to use programs such as AutoCAD. I also attended an after-school program called Architecture Construction Engineering Mentorship Program or ACE mentorship program at Gensler which helped boost my experience. I was part of a site planning team during my first year in the program. I learned how to manage the site where a project will be built. With all the current knowledge I have about architecture I plan on gaining more knowledge by taking college architecture courses in order to be prepared for the career that I want to have. I would also like to master many skills and techniques. This is what led me to city tech.
    When I graduate I would like to have a high mastery of the skills I have obtained and developed. I would like to obtain a master’s or doctoral degree. This would take about 6-7 years. The reason why I want to be an architectural technologist is that I would like to support professional architects design, implement, and manage building projects. I am interested in this

Alexis Cisneros
    career path because I will be able to oversee projects in order to bring my ideas and concepts to life. I want to ensure that many of my future projects will be for the public. I enjoy working on projects to help out the communities or bring them together. This is why in the future after I graduate I want to work on projects that can benefit the community by providing a comfortable and welcoming environment for everyone.