While looking into it in search of reflection. I came across a video which can really make you think about landscape on why these “smart cities” are built. In the youtube video “Adam Greenfield on the Dangers of Smart Cities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6z2S1Y1IgQ&feature=youtu.be .In his speech Adam Greenfield talks about the influences of “smart cities” to the community or to the public. He says that smart cities have nothing to do with the city but treating the urban environment as a marketing commodity. It shows that the place for reflection is meant more for the ones above “the higher ups in the government” where they can use all the technologies in the cities like cameras, satellite polls, etc.. to keep everyone else in check. In the video Adam Greenfield states “smart cities see democracy as a disruption, when they say minimize disruption they actually mean minimize democracy”, I see reflection in it because it’s a very clever way of controlling the masses in cities. This video got me thinking a lot about all these futuristic cities built during our time. It feels more like they are making it as a marking tool then for the people’s satisfaction. This led me to think about what kind of architect I want to be and what journeys will have to go through in order to succeed.