Workplace Culture

coworkers remotely working side by side
Source: Canva

The workplace culture is a blend of casual and professional elements. While attire leans towards informal, the company maintains a level of formality during meetings, task deadlines, and presentations. As my internship is remote, I dress casually but appropriately for the upper body during video calls. My workstation is based in the desktop computer labs at City Tech, where I attend summer morning classes before starting my internship work. The typical workday involves five hours of work after class, beginning at 11 AM. I conclude my work once the computer lab closes at 4:30 PM from Monday to Thursday. On Fridays, I dedicate my time to the internship from 8 AM to 1 PM, focusing on design tasks and research. Every Wednesday morning, I have remote meetings with my supervisors to discuss progress and receive feedback. Towards the end of the internship, I will have an in-person meeting to present the final project. During this presentation, I will showcase the brand guidelines and templates my colleague and I have developed, providing guidance to the communications department on its usage. Overall, the workplace culture strikes a balance between casual and professional, accommodating remote work arrangements while maintaining necessary formality for meetings and deliverables.