Internship Design Lessons

Brand Identity Project
Source: www.zekagraphic.com

During this internship, I am gaining valuable insights into creating a brand identity, particularly for a subgroup within an existing brand. I have learned essential steps, such as defining the brand’s purpose, identifying the target audience, and conducting thorough market research and competitor analysis. Developing a strong brand identity through elements like logos, color palettes, and typography is crucial for visual recognition. Crafting a compelling brand message that aligns with values and resonates with the target audience helps establish an emotional connection. Ensuring consistency across various touchpoints, such as social media and marketing materials, is vital for a cohesive brand experience. Additionally, I am learning the importance of adapting the brand strategy based on client feedback and market trends to maintain relevance and drive ongoing success. These lessons are essential as I aspire to pursue freelance graphic design in the future.

In addition to brand identity, I am gaining experience in conducting research and engaging with the target audience personally. It is fascinating to witness their emotions, listen to their stories, and understand their passions, which are integral to the success of CUFFH’s program. Representing the community accurately is a priority for me. I am also developing essential skills in time management, incorporating client feedback, and implementing solutions efficiently, as these are critical in the real world, especially when working in design agencies where opinions and iterations are prevalent. While my role primarily focuses on design-related tasks, I have also taken the opportunity to join workshops hosted by CUFFH to engage and familiarize myself with the community members. As for my typical day, I have meetings every Wednesday to update my supervisor on our progress midweek, allowing for feedback and iteration. The beginning of the week involves research and ideation, while the latter part is dedicated to design work. This structure ensures a well-rounded and productive workflow throughout the internship.