Role At The Company

graphic designer
Source: Canva

In my role as the lead graphic designer at CUFFH, I oversee the graphic design tasks and provide guidance to my coworker. Currently, we are working on a brand identity project for CUFFH Youth, which involves developing brand messaging, designing a logo, creating visual elements, establishing brand guidelines, and producing brand collateral and advertisements. Our supervisors, the Director of Organizing and the Board of Directors of CUFFH Youth, provide valuable feedback and input as co-founders of the program. I approached the organization with a proposal to create a distinctive branding for their youth program, aiming to increase membership and enhance its visibility separate from the main organization’s branding. Having been a part of the youth program since I was 17, this project has become a personal passion for me, and I believe my in-depth understanding of the program makes me well-suited for designing its brand identity. For the job offer, I went through a remote interview process, during which I presented my design idea. I had the opportunity to interview with two individuals: the Director of Organizing and the Board of Directors of CUFFH Youth. Fortunately, due to the trust and familiarity built over time, I received the job offer within one day as they were enthusiastic about the proposal and eager for me to join the team. During the interview, I inquired about participating in CUFFH meetings involving community members to gain a deeper understanding of the organization. I also discussed their existing brand guidelines and their desired direction for the CUFFH Youth branding. Additionally, I sought permission to involve a team of designers from my major who are willing to contribute their talents and support me throughout this internship journey, even though it is unpaid. Overall, my selection for this internship site was driven by my passion for the program, my previous involvement, and my design expertise. The quick job offer and interview process were facilitated by the existing relationship and trust between myself and the organization, coupled with their excitement about the proposal.