Collaboration & Design Teamwork

Ideating Process
Source: Canva

During my internship, one collaborative project I worked on was creating Instagram templates. This project involved close collaboration with my coworker to ensure we both understood and correctly applied the brand guidelines I had developed. Our goal was to create cohesive and visually appealing templates. To establish a foundation, I created a framework outlining the essential content and information that each Instagram post should include to effectively communicate with the audience. Additionally, I compiled a list of different types of Instagram posts that we needed to create and assigned specific ones to myself and my coworker. Throughout the project, we maintained open lines of communication. We regularly discussed our progress, shared ideas, and provided feedback to ensure that each template aligned with the overall branding style through daily meetings. This collaborative approach allowed us to refine and improve the templates as we worked.

In addition to creating the templates, we also started developing a presentation to showcase how each visual element from the brand guidelines was being utilized and the reasons behind our design choices. This presentation served as an opportunity to demonstrate the effective implementation of the brand identity. Overall, the collaboration on the Instagram templates was successful because we effectively utilized the brand guidelines and ensured the templates were cohesive. Communication played a vital role in our progress, allowing us to provide feedback and make necessary revisions. However, we also encountered challenges along the way. Sometimes, there were minor inconsistencies that required adjustments, but we were able to address them through strong communication and honest opinions. There were also differing opinions on how to combine the visual elements, but in the end, we reached an agreement on how to pair the elements in a way that made sense and attracted the audience. We had to set aside our creative egos and prioritize the target audience’s understanding and engagement. Through this collaborative project, we not only created visually appealing social media templates but also strengthened our understanding of the brand guidelines and the importance of consistent visual representation across different platforms.