journal 10-28-2015 track and model

I finished a track and ramp for my model. The mock up the stud wall and triskets deck that simulates the parameters in the Voorhees theater floor. The ramp and track are fixed relative to the opening in the deck. The track has some rough corners that bind the platform but should be fixed with some smoothing.

I have moved the track wheels from the edges of the platform to the base of a center leg positioned in the middle, much like an R2D2 leg. This improved stability by supporting the center of gravity and use a ground level ramp instead of ones that would have to be suspended.

This design version does remove the redundant support from the track and wheels and rest the load solely on the legs of the platform.

Because of the sharp angle of the ramp, the track causes the platform to lift off of its front wheels before the legs begin to elevate the platform that could pose an issue binding with the deck.

I would want to see if a shallower ramp with a smaller angle or a smaller center leg could give me more room to clear thicker deck material for more structural integrity.