Entry #1

Internships to me are one of the most difficult positions to get into even though most internships are non-paid. Luckily, being part of the internship class at my college, I have access to apply to internship programs recommended by my professor. So the program that I apply to as well as now an official member of the internship program is called NYPIRG. NYPIRG which stands for New York Public Interest Research Group is located on 300 Jay Street Brooklyn, NY aka New York City of Technology is a nonprofit political organization that encounters New York City problems from political issues. Some political issues that they focus on will be voting rights, energy and environment, government accountability, Public Health, consumer protection, higher education affordability, and NYC mass transit. NYPIRG was founded in 1976 as an independent public outreach and education sister organization and later turned to what we know now. The owner behind NYPIRG is Donald K. Ross. He was a public interest lawyer that opposed the idea of making PIRG based on a book he wrote called Action for Change and later was made the first director of NYPIRG. As a result, Donald K. Ross made the company the largest state-based research and advocacy organization in the nation. Later on, it was passed down to current executive director Blair Horner.