Entry #14: Ecofest 2022

Ecofest on April 28th, 2022 was an event that honors Earth Day as well as City TECH’s 8th annual event. This event could be done either virtually or in-person so I decided to do it in the comfort of my own home since they ran from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.  I also went in person but they have canceled it since nobody attended in person which is understandable. Anyway, Ecofest is about highlighting environmental issues as well as the climate crisis that has been researched by professionals who priorly focus on them to spread the information to the students, faculty, and staff members. Also, they explained how they’re going to make changes when it comes to environmental and climate issues such as having programs, forming business alliances, making eco-technology that can prevent those issues so on and so forth.
After the event was over, the biggest lesson that I learned is to always keep your environment clean at all times. These environmental issues have mostly been caused by people. For example, creating buildings that contain toxic chemicals to littering the streets that we live on or places that we visit daily. As humans, we should do a better job in maintaining our environment pollution levels at minimum so it doesn’t affect the ecosystem.