REVIEW WEEK #11

Well it happened, i was finally reviewed by my supervisor Ann. Here are my results;

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Alex Design Intern Review

April review

Content – what you do

• Blog graphics – 100% produced on time, learned WW style, proactively creating graphics in tandem with article writing
  • Infographics – 60% big learning curve, friction with finding data and learning new tools
  • WW branding for Snorkl and postcards – 80% set the stage for snorkl branding, finished with help from Ann
  • Social media template for WW and clients – 85% for WWU and PP on canva

Methodological – how you do it

• Use Producteev as to do list – 60%
  • Look for inspiration and existing assets on open source sites – 90% learned about mood boards
  • Ask for clarity and feedback – 70% don’t be afraid to ask questions
  • Use the right tool for the right job – 80% nice job using canva and piktochart, infographic tool could have been more efficient

Goals – what you achieved

• Learn Sketch by March – 10%
  • Get familiar with flat design – 100%

I agree with all of these points 100%. My supervisor would asked me, what did i think i deserve for this topic and i would give her an honest score and she would for the most part agree. Even unfortunately with learning Sketch by march. I was not able to learn it and i almost never used it. But i have made it a personal goal to learn it especially since it’s a new and very upcoming program in design. Another thing she did mention that hurt a bit to hear was, about how they had hoped to give me some more project in wireframing and UX designs. But since i took a really long time with the infographic they did not feel i would be able to handle all the work. And she was right, i found myself really busy with the infographic and school work, so i would not have been able to do something good.

aside from that she did tell me that i was killing it with my work and my designs. Especially in how much faster i had gotten.