Snorkl Logo week #5

I worked on Snorkl this week, a new Whole Whale product that will make it much easier for organizations to contact whole whale with a project. It also helps the organization that is Making the Request For Proposal (RFP), get a clear idea of what actually want. Its basically a survey that asks you fourteen questions and you done a RFP is generated. Now the organization that applied can use it with Whole Whale or anywhere else.

the design process behind Snorkl was interesting but also a bit frustrating.  I didn’t think it was going to take me as long as it did, on monday i looked from some inspiration on how i wanted my logo design to look. When i showed Ann she made me realize something. It was all too literal and all the same thing. I had to think beyond what Snorkl was and think about what it does. It helps Nonprofits, it’s a generator, it’s meant to be easy and save you a lot of time. I started sketching on thursday and i had ideas flowing and different directions i wanted to go in, but i quickly realized when i jump onto the computer that most of the designs that i had would not work. So i went back to sketching trying to find something to make the logo fit. Ann told me not too worry about it because it’s a process, getting it right the first time is rare and that maybe if i went back to basics it could work.  So i did that and she approved one of my sketches and on friday i began the final on illustrator.

When i finished it i sent it over to her too see what her thought were. She emailed me back like 2 hours later with some edits and i feel like it works alot better than what i had. So it was frustrating but i feel like i did learn a lot this week because there is no correct way of finding a design. Trail n error is the name of the game.

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 4.34.49 PM