Computer Fail #2

First day at the office and I felt ready but still a little anxious. I arrived at about 230 and already had an assignment and it was to read a blog article that was written by Julie one of the office supervisors and make a graph for it.  The article was called “7 calculated metrics for non-profits” and what its basically about is tips on how to help non-profit companies can use google analytics  better. It was pretty simple but, I was also downloading about 15,000 files from their google drive. Most of the thing I downloaded were things I was going to need at some point, so it was better just to have them. Since  was downloading all these files from the internet, my computer was acting up and not doing what I wanted it to do. I just continued working as if nothing was wrong with my computer. I showed Ann (my supervisor) 2 drafts of my design and I worked on it some more before I finally got the correct design and feel for the graphic. But during all this time my computer still was not responding. Just as I was doing some last touches on my design, the worst possible thing happened. Illustrator crashed and I didn’t not save the most recent file. It probably took me about me about 40 mins to finally get illustrator open and start working again. By the time I got it opened it was 630 and almost everyone was out of the office. I was really embarrassed because a simple graphic took me so long to complete but at the same time I felt really happy that I actually got it done. Ann told me it was fine and not to worry since it was my first day and i’m still getting a feel for things, she also understood how my computer let me down. The next day I went to their blog page and saw my graphic being used on the website. it was such a rewarding feeling seeing my hard work being used professionally. I felt so much motivation to do some more designs for whole whale.

IMG_0123 Please open, please work.

IMG_0125 Please don’t let me down.

IMG_0126 4 hours of work.