Internship Journal Entry #1

This semester I am interning with one of my professors here at City Tech, Meryl Taradash. She teaches Foundation and Figure Drawing as well as 3D Design at City Tech. So far she just has her studio here in Brooklyn that is filled with an array of sculptures, studies, and drawings she has done throughout her life. Over the years, she has been expanding herself and her name to other artists and art collectors. Right now she is privately managing herself with her work and where it is being displayed.  Taradash has been promoting her sculptures for decades now and has had her work featured in many locations and media outlets. Some news sources where she was mentioned are The Daily News, The Washington Times, and Sculpture Magazine. Some of the places her work has been installed at and on display are Fordham University NYC Campus, Long Island Children’s Museum, Art Museum of University of California, and Jacksonville Art Musuem. This semester I will be working with Taradash on a variety of projects ranging from redesigning her website to working with her in her studio. I will also be working with another student, Daniel Rodriguez who was her intern from last semester to help restructure the design of her website as well as help out with any other design and art related projects she has going on.