Website Update 10/31

Font spreadsheet of different font choices for Taradash’s name for the homepage

So after the Professor and I met up a few days ago regarding the heading font for her name, she was happy with what I came in with. I was explaining to her that I tried to replicate the ‘Betmar’ font as closely as possible and that I found the best examples of the font on 1001fonts.com. We were going back and forth between the two fonts and the Professor actually determined that neither of the fonts that I found she is fully satisfied with. There are certain letters that look a certain way within the font that she isn’t really into.  It wouldn’t be ideal to have different letters of her name be a completely different font, so we decided to scrap the two font ideas together.

What I came up with to do about this issue is to create a spreadsheet of the Professor’s name ‘Meryl Taradash’ in different fonts and sizes to compare and contrast different fonts with one another. And from there whichever one(s) she likes the best I will use that to create the new mock up page for her name. The Professor initiated that she preferred a sans serif font compared to a serif font since it gives the impression of being less restricted and crowded and more free-flowing which is something that is crucial for her site. I created the spreadsheet with the different font options and we will go from there on which one is the best for her during our next meeting.