DIY Home Photo Studio

After hearing about setting up a home photo studio, I was at first stressed out about the whole situation; but after speaking to a few of Professor Michals’ old students I calmed down and started planning. First thing I had to do was to figure out a location for my studio. At first I figured my room would work perfectly, All that was need was moving my junk off the desk and placing everything on top, so therefore after getting home that Tuesday night I would begin creating my home studio but soon realized I couldn’t move around with a camera in my tiny room ! Therefore I had to move to my second option which is the dining room. The dining room was a perfect spot theres a large space and big table, the only thing I would be giving up is my privacy and not being bothered my anyone. Second part of my planning was to either build the studio or purchase a light box. My first choice was to build the studio over this past weekend but after speaking to a former student of the professor, he explained how buying the light box from Amazon is a much easier solution than to build it. However luckily he offered to give me his studio because he no longer needed it. After hearing the great news and having a massive amount of weight off my shoulders, I made plans to buy a tripod. My search for a affordable tripod however has not started due to my bad memory, but I should be able to purchase one very soon.

Overall my experience with the DIY home studio has been incredibly easy and quite cheap! I only hope that my pictures taken with my home studio will not only help me receive a good grade but also provides some great photos.

One thought on “DIY Home Photo Studio