Angelo Pena’s DIY studio setup

Angelo_Pena

I’m pretty used to doing this with my camera, minus the tripod ad the light, so it felt natural to me. The only thing that was bothering me was what type of light to get. I needed to replace the one in my room and I wanted a daylight bulb, however, that light would affect my final image if I got let’s say a bright white or a soft light, so I decided to get a daylight bulb for my set up too. I light the effect it gives. I own many figures like the one in may image, smaller and even larger than that one and daylight light to me presents figures the best. The lamp I got actually saves me a lot of time because even though there’s no diffusion made by me, the lamps head actually is the diffuser. As you can see in both shots(left by hand, right in the tripod), there aren’t any harsh shadows. I tried making some but the images never came out well or just too dark, even with a fill(which I do not have shown). Overall, now with the tripod and the lamp, I’m much happier taking pictures in my “studio”.

One thought on “Angelo Pena’s DIY studio setup