Faith S. – Journal 7

It is now the eighth week in and I still have yet to hear back from any companies I inquired about internships for. I know I still have time to make it up but the time to do so is slowly running out.If I don’t hear back soon, I will have to take the internship class again with hopefully one ready then.

Since I have nothing to write about for an internship experiance yet, we were suppose to read an article from The New Yorker, “GROUPTHINK: The brainstorming myth” by Jonah Lehrer. It explains how we think brainstorming is greatly effective but it really isn’t. Although brainstorming with a group of people is suppose to help bring a collection of ideas out for a single topic. But this is a flawed practice as some people in such brainstorming groups are afraid to have their ideas ripped apart and criticised by the others and no one like the feeling of being rejected somehow so participating members second guess their ideas and just hold them back and choose to nat say them at all limiting the potential of a possible good idea or an idea that others can bounce off of the improve. I know this feeling as I worked in groups in classes I tend to just reflect off others rather giving my own original input as I am afraid to hear someone laugh and say it was a stupid thought.

Posted in Journal Entries - Wed 2:30pm.

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

You must be logged in to post a comment.