yinshi huang week 12-13

4/30/14    Today I started work on the last page of the brochure. This page contains information about who will be benefit by using the LED and LCD ad players. This page also needed a lot of research. I took my camera and went outside. I thought the best way to show the benefit of using LED and LCD is to show how many people will see the ads on LED and LCD digital displays. I went out to street around Main Street. This place has major population of the Flushing. I took some photos of the LED displays with people passing by. Then I started walk around and look for target to shoot photos. I was looking for some place has different languages as sign. It will show that flushing has different types of Asians. I found a building has both Korean and Chinese signs, and English. I stood across of the street and took few shots. Then I started to walk again, and I found a big supermarket. I took some photos and moved to other street. Subway station is one of the most important photos to include. I took few photos of subway station and some MTA buses. Flushing also has a lot of restaurant, restaurant owners can be client too, so I took more photos of restaurants and café.

5/6/14    After research, I started to work on the last spread page of the brochure. This page doesn’t need many texts, so I putted a lot of pictures. First I putted photo of Queens Crossing mall to show the population around this building. Then I started to list advertisers would benefit. My supervisor gave me some list, I also added some. The first column I putted Beer Company, fast food, casino, banks, restaurants, supermarkets. Then I putted some photos relate to these topics next to the texts. Next column I putted educational institute, hospital, entertainment company, travel agency, mobile company, beauty salon, shopping mall and café. Then I selected photos relate to these text and putted them next to the texts. This page is simple, so I finished faster than other page. At the end I show everything to my supervisor, then he told me that I should have did them all in inDesign. So I took all files to home and started to transfer them into inDesign. It wasn’t that hard but took a lot of time. I worried about to lose any files, so I made a folder for each page and copied all links to the folders.

Posted in Uncategorized.

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

You must be logged in to post a comment.