New York State is home to the most National Historic Landmarks of any state in the United States. Most of these being located in the New York City area. One of the most famous National Historic Landmarks located in New York City is the Brooklyn Bridge. The Brooklyn Bridge connects the boroughs of Brooklyn and Manhattan over the East River, and is one of the oldest suspension bridges ever built in the United States. It began being constructed on January 3, 1870 and was completed and opened on May 24, 1883. This bridge had a few names throughout its history but was officially named the Brooklyn Bridge in 1915 by the city’s government and was later declared a National Historic Landmark in 1964. The bridge has been serving as a gateway from Brooklyn to Manhattan or vice versa for almost one hundred and thirty years.
ENG 1101 – 5363
- Carlos Mo Wu on Burj Khalifa -Austin Felix
- Stephanie.S on Formal Description: One World Trade Center
- Rob Daley on Burj Al Arab description – Carlos Mo Wu
- Austin Felix on Formal Critique
- Stephanie.S on Burj Al Arab description – Carlos Mo Wu