My Life’s Library

20140303_231957

My Life’s Library, 2014, Caroline Martinez

I took this picture in my room on March 3rd. 2014. It is a picture of the bookshelf that I own. I’ve had this bookshelf since 2009 and I’ve been adding books to it for the last 5 years. I have books there from my childhood and books that people have given to me or that I bought myself. I also have some old photo albums and school yearbooks. Apart from books, my bookshelf is home to my various shades of blue nail polish and my 5th grade spelling bee trophy. I took the picture with my cellphone and did not add any filters to it because I like it better with the clear focus on its entirety and not just on one section. Every time I look at my bookshelf it makes me happy because it is a clear representation of who I am.

2 Responses to My Life’s Library

1. Caroline,
    I liked your description of your shelf, which acts as a sort of mini-museum or shrine. Very interesting.
    Prof. Scanlan

2. dedoaboagye says:

I like this picture because I can relate to it so much. I also have a bookshelf and I had since I was in middle school, I don’t really use it for books anymore, it most where I put pictures and awards and junk, just looking at the bookshelf describes me. I love how you took the photo you can catch every detail that’s on the book shelf, it different and unquie it’s big your ordinary book shelf , your bookshelf defines you . Also love the color in the background.