- Date: Tuesday, 12/8/20, 4:05 – 5:45pm
- Meeting Info: The class will meet live on zoom today (password is the same as last time – send me an email if you need a reminder).
- Note: There is no class this Thursday 12/10 (it is designated a “Reading Day” – use it to catch up on your work or study for finals!). Class will meet as usual next Tuesday 12/15.
- Final Exam will take place on Thursday 12/17 in class. The review sheet is available here.
To-Do Before Class
Today we will cover the topic that we started last time:
- Topics in Number Theory #6: Equivalence Classes, equivalence relations, congruence mod n
- Understand and apply the notions of equivalence relation and equivalence classes.
- Understand and apply the definition of congruence mod n, determine various properties of this relation.
To-Do After Class
OPTIONAL (extra credit): Written work due Tuesday 12/15 (start of class): Section 11.1: 12, 13, 16. In addition, complete Example 11.8 at the top of p208 in the text.
Project Reflection due Tuesday 12/15 (start of class – submit by EMAIL please).
Submitting written work (instructions)
- Take a picture of each written page of your assignment, and combine the pictures into a single pdf document.
- How to create a pdf (includes instructions for iOS (iPhone), Android, Mac and Windows)
- Give the document a name that will help me identify it, for example: “JRodriguez-Class1Homework.pdf”
- Use this upload link to upload your pdf (this link connects to a Dropbox folder, but you do NOT need to have a Dropbox account to use it).