- Date: Thursday, 12/3/20, 4:05 – 5:45pm
- Meeting Info: The class will meet live on zoom today (password is the same as last time – send me an email if you need a reminder).
To-Do Before Class
- Topics in Number Theory #6: Equivalence Classes, equivalence relations, congruence mod n
- Understand and apply the notions of equivalence relation and equivalence classes.
- Understand and apply the definition of congruence mod n, determine various properties of this relation.
Group Presentations Today (start of class):
Group 2 (Allison)
Group 1 (Jack, Jodel, Denyese)
To-Do After Class
Written work due Tuesday 12/15 (start of class): Section 11.1: 12, 13, 16. In addition, complete Example 11.8 at the top of p208 in the text.
Project Reflection due Tuesday 12/15 (start of class).
Group Presentations Schedule :
12/1: Group 4 (Chris, Ihn, Luis), Group 3 (Amy, Irina, Jared)
12/3: Group 2 (Allison), Group 1 (Jack, Jodel, Denyese)
Submitting written work (instructions)
- Take a picture of each written page of your assignment, and combine the pictures into a single pdf document.
- How to create a pdf (includes instructions for iOS (iPhone), Android, Mac and Windows)
- Give the document a name that will help me identify it, for example: “JRodriguez-Class1Homework.pdf”
- Use this upload link to upload your pdf (this link connects to a Dropbox folder, but you do NOT need to have a Dropbox account to use it).