Culture Jamming

I chose this Adderall ad because I feel like medication is given so easily to people without question and in the end it can really affect and ruin so many lives. I do believe in the use of drugs but I have seen its negative affect on people and the way it can really ruin peoples lives without the right care and attention to its use.

I think body positivity has been a very popular issue in society for a while and I wanted to take a Victoria’s Secret ad that had been quite controversial. I think there are many ads for men and women that can be very hard to live up to and that are also very difficult standards to live up to. These ads can cause eating disorders and do not promote a healthy self esteem.

3 Responses to Culture Jamming

• I used pics art for both of my culture jams. I felt most comfortable with the app.
    • The tool was easy to work with but it had its flaws because it was very difficult to edit once you’ve confirmed something you had edited. I didn’t like that as much. It was easy in a way that it allowed me to search up pictures to add onto the picture I already chose.
    • I would like to use a different tool for my final design of the ad because I want it to look as professional as possible and I hope that using another tool will allow me to edit a bit more precisely and allow for a cleaner finalized project.
    • My images could be a bit clearer, especially the Victorias secret ad. I want to put a bit more life into that ad since it is a common culture jam. I want to bring it to the next level than what is already out there.
  1. khaled says:

Image #1:

-I like the skeleton face on a person. Very enjoyable to see and you get the message across.

-The bottom words do not work in the image and should be taken out.

-Some words being put in the image are placed well but others have partly visible words showing underneath that can be fixed.

-A place for Adderall pills to be in the picture should improve the image.

Image #2:

-I like the use of words changing to get your idea across.

-Some things are not completely covered; I notice a piece of a word behind Hate.

-To improve the image maybe we could see their stomachs being empty.

-The “No purchase necessary” at the bottom should be highlighted more to show, you do not need to buy anything just the images of bodies will promote unhealthy eating disorders.

2. The VS has been done a lot in the past.

The adderall is interesting but isn’t readable. Is mom getting the adderall? Not the kid?