Culture Jam Draft

culture jam.docx

2 Responses to Culture Jam Draft

1. Hi Jetmir,
    I appreciate what you’re getting after in these images.

I wonder if this is really about surveillance capitalism or more specifically surveillance social media. If it’s the latter, you might want to work on building something that offers more of a well rounded critique. Facebook is old and not used by young people, so I wonder about the audience. Who are you trying to address? If young folks don’t use FB, will they care about this?

2nd image: So that is Macron? What you explain in the caption is a whole lot of information that is a real struggle to convey in the image. Three things: First, think specifically about your audience. Again, this issue may matter to you, but to whom are you addressing it? What do you want them to do about it? Second, narrow your message down to something that can be conveyed clearly. Third, think about exigence. In other words, who cares about France right now on the global stage? What has France done recently to draw attention to itself? It’s helpful to attract your audience if you can talk about things that are currently on their radar. That helps, otherwise, your job becomes more difficult.

2. Nino says:

Hi Jetmir, great and creative photos! I don’t really get what you are talking about in the second topic. But the first topic and image is cool, I always get annoyed at websites saying “do you accept cookies” not that it’s your topic but it kind of relates to it. I would like to hear more.. good job!