culture jam draft

Culture jam draft

2 Responses to culture jam draft

1. Hi Parmbir,

For the first image, I wish you had written more content and explanation. The message is clear and simple. The image itself is pretty flat and Pence isn’t even still in the race. I also wonder about the idea that nobody is better than Trump. The words make it sound like there’s no difference between Trump or Biden, and that collapses their distinctions into the same, when they’re not the same. I’d think more about the messaging you want to make and see if you can work with an image that in the original intent of creative detournement, hijacks a current message to manipulate to make a new message.

For the next two images, you state that you got them from Canva, but for your creative project, your job is to build a new image. You may use found images but you can’t take something wholesale. You have to make something new.

2. dear Parmbir,

I like the ideas behind your images, the topics are relevant to events happening in the world at the moment and are of great interest to many people. I would recommend that for the second image to do some photoshopping to really improve the message.