Warm up Post

Hi my name is Stephanie Jacob and I am a junior here at City Tech. My major is in Healthcare Policy & Management. I was born and raised in New York, I have lived here my whole life. I live at home with my mom and my two other siblings. I am a fulltime student and I work part time at a gym. Something about me is that I love to workout, I workout 5 days out of the week and it is a second home for me. Some goals I have for myself is to always spread positivity & knowledge around people wherever I go and to always push myself out of my comfort zone.

The quote I choose from the passage that spoke out to me was, ” Finally, however, most of the resistance to the new paradigm will dissipate when its advocates can demonstrate that it will solve problems that the traditional paradigm could not solve. Most of the new generation of scholars working in the field will adopt the new model, and the older practitioners will gradually come around to it. Those who cling to the old paradigm lose their influence in the field because the leaders in the profession simply ignore their work. When that happens, the paradigm shift is complete, and the theory that was revolutionary becomes conventional.”

What I think Hairston is saying paradigm is showing writing as a process and she points out how other contributors that promote the new paradigm is going to succeed far more then the old way in less or over more time. I agree with this what she is saying because as new generations come the world will always be creating new and efficient ways to do and learn things and over time the older generation will have to learn to adapt.