Warm Up Elija Ruhith’s post

Hello, My name is Elija Ruhith. I am 22 years old, currently I am studying Human Services at City Tech. This is my last semester so I am looking forward to graduate and get myself into a better stable place. I was born in Bangladesh however, I moved here when I was 9 years old. I have been living here ever since. I love NYC!!. I live in the Bronx I have been living in the Bronx ever since. Bronx is great. I enjoy living there I have been living there for the longest. Currently I am unemployed and searching for a part time job. Hopefully, I find one soon. However, I am starting my final Human Services internship soon, so hopefully it goes well and I obtain all necessary hours to graduate. I am hoping to become a Human Services professional once I graduate then see where life takes me. I am 22 so still indecisive on a lot of things. I am also looking into tech field probably Quality Assurance.

Packet 1. Summary

What are we finding out? One point that is becoming clear is that writing is
an act of discovery for both skilled and unskilled writers; most writers have
only a partial notion of what they want to say when they begin to write, and

their ideas develop in the process of writing. They develop their topics intuit-
tively, not methodically. Another truth is that usually the writing process is

not linear, moving smoothly in one direction from start to finish. It is messy,
recursive, convoluted, and uneven. Writers write, plan, revise, anticipate, and
review throughout the writing process, moving back and forth among the

different operations involved in writing without any apparent plan. No prac-
ticing writer will be surprised at these findings: nevertheless, they seriously

contradict the traditional paradigm that has dominated writing textbooks for
years.

The author is trying to say that writing is an act of discovery for both skilled and unskilled writers, they also develop their ideas throughout the writing process. I agree with this statement. I have a habit of journaling my feelings down so when I begin to write it isn’t linear. However, I ended up with a master piece throughout the process. This paragraph gave me an idea of becoming a better writer. I believe the author is trying to encourage us to continue writing even it is messy and recursive.