warm up blog

Hi, my name is Alexa. I was born and raised in Brooklyn but my family is from Mexico, we usually go and visit every year. I am bilingual I speak both English and Spanish. I am a full time student and I am currently working in a doctor’s office. Some of my favorite things to do is to watch movies and TV shows. My future goal is to have a good job that I will enjoy and to be able to travel more.

“Most of the new generation of scholar working in the field will adopt the new model, and the older practitioners will gradually come around to it. Those who cling to the old paradigm lose their influence in the field because the leaders in the profession simply ignore their work.” This stood out to me because I think it is true. New generation students adapt to new things quicker since they are exposed to new models first than the older generations. The older generation will eventually learn and adopt to the new model but it usually takes times and in some cases the new generation is teaching the older generation. This reminds me of the present time,  adults asking their children or grandkids how to work technology. For examples, learning how to use a cell phone or a computer. People who do not learn about the new models are usually behind on the all new things.