Arena Food

Whether you are on American soil or visiting venues around the world, you will get a different experience as it pertains to the kind of food that is available while you enjoy the sport at play.

For this assignment you will scour the internet looking for food that is available at a sporting venue. In other words, identify the venue that you could go to and what you might eat there. Please do not pick a sporting venue in NYC.

Some helpful suggestions would be looking at Yelp reviews for these venues, and looking at the menus that might be available. Have fun with this!

ProfD

9 thoughts on “Arena Food

1. Peggy Z.

I found the KeyArena at Seattle Center appealing. Food and beverage services include general concessions, premium seating and back of house food and beverage services. The main concourse concession offers a variety of food for everyone. World’s Fare offers global street food and Korean meatballs. Uptown Kitchen offers salmon sliders and clam chowder bread bowls. Seven Hills Grill offers flatbread pizza, artisan sausages and veggie burgers. There is also a section offering gluten free options. These are our classic nachos, hot dogs, candy and popcorn. I would most likely order the Korean meatballs and salmon sliders. The pictures also look delicious on their site. http://www.keyarena.com/plan-your-visit/food-beverage

2. Andralee Davidson

Time Warner Cable Arena

The home of the NBA Charlotte Hornets Basket ball team , who collaborated with Chef Aaron Cox and formed the Hugo Boss Burger; named after the teams mascot, in order to enhance better quality food service in the arena. This 8 pound burger has 14 patties, cheddar cheese, bacon, lettuce, pickles and more, on a colossal size bun, is making headlines. Though the price is a hefty $70 to $75 dollars, but it can feed a whole family for the day. The arena also has hot dogs, fries, beer, and pizza.

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/best-nba-concession-burger-hugo-s-boss-burger

3. tatiana Amador

I chose The Wells Fargo Center, which is in Philadelphia. There are two sections that are open for everyone in the center for people to eat. These are called the cure insurance club and The PJ Whelihan’s pub. Where you can find “Chickie’s and Pete’s, Melissa’s farm to fan and Dippin Dots.” where you can get crab fries, chicken cheese steaks, chicken tenders, ice cream, nachos, burgers, chicken wrap, fruits, hummus platter, pretzels, and a variety of beers. There are also restaurants and a bar only for members or people with special packages. This are called Cadillac Grille, the Lexus club, and a Cigar Bar. I would probably eat at Melissa’s farm to fan and eat a Greek chicken wrap.
    http://www.wellsfargocenterphilly.com/eat-drink.aspx

4. Madellyne

Philips Arena by Madellyne Almonte

Philips Arena is home to the Atlanta Hawks(NBA) and the Atlanta Dream(WNBA) located in Atlanta Georgia. It was listed in the top 10 best Arenas and Stadiums in America by RollingStone in 2013. The Philips Arena has a general concession which include the Courtside Grill, Fry Baby, Bulkhead Diner Express, Backcourt BBQ, Corona Beach Hut Bar, Delaney’s Irish pub and many more. I thought this is the only thing offered at the arena, but I have learned that the Levy Restaurants Bulkhead Life do catering for their visitors. “Red” is Philips Arena’s first sit down dining restaurant and making a simple reservation can get you amazing seats to eat and watch a game at the same time. Foods like Key lime chicken tacos, brisket quesadillas, fresh guacamole, hand cut truffle parmesan fries, Bruschetta Di Parma, Seasoned beef tenderloin can all be enjoyed all throughout the arena.

http://www.philipsarena.com/arena-info/arena-food-beverage

5. Erica

TD Garden, Boston MA

The aren I chose is the TD Garden in Boston. This arena is where the NBA Celtics and NHL Boston Bruins play. The arena opened in 1995 and receives about 3.5 million people a year. The place I would dine at if I visited this arena is the Banners Harbor View. This restaurant serves contemporary American cuisine with an extensive wine list to pair well with their famous seafood and steak. I absolutely love steak so that is why I would choose this restaurant.

http://www.tdgarden.com/the-garden/dining/

6. Abel Hernandez

The sports arena that I chose is Estadio Luis “el pirata” Fuente. This stadium is located in my home city, Veracruz, in the gulf coast of Mexico. The capacity for this stadium is for 30,000 people. This stadium is mainly used for soccer games is it is home to our “Red Sharks of Veracruz”. Estadio Luis Fuente has also been used for major sports events such as the Central American and Caribbean games which took place in 2014. Big celebrities like Shakira and Elton John have had concerts in this stadium. I have never been in this stadium before but my cousins were there last week for Carnival and they went to a concert at this stadium. My cousins told me that most of the food is sold outside of the stadium on food trucks. Most of the food offered is traditional seafood from Veracruz. My cousins told me that inside the stadium there is a main restaurant that offers a full menu with a main focus on seafood as well. They also noticed a Mac Donald’s and Subway inside the stadium.

7. surendra karki

Philips Arena
    It is located in Atlanta Georgia .It is the home of the NHL’s and it is the heart of Atlanta. The arena has a wide range of food option. Taco mac is is a family friendly atmosphere restaurant with incredible beer selection and burgers. Red is the first sit down dinning restaurant .Back head diner , consessions with courtside grill , crown royal bar and so many other food courts are available in the venue. My option would be crown royal bar were I can enjoy my drink and good and watch like game at the same time.

8. N.Ivanov

After searching through different sport venues around the world I decided to focus on venues in United Kingdom. I was browsing through different venues in the countries there and I stopped at a venue in Manchester, England. The sport venue is Old Trafford Stadium. This stadium is the home stadium on Manchester United soccer team. I was not able to find so many different food companies there but I found that there is a restaurant/cafe there that has a mix of different kinds of food. The name of the cafe is Red Café. This café offers a variety of food such as soups, ribs, wings for starters. Chicken, pork, lamb entrées and a variety of desserts.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Visit-Old-Trafford/Museum-And-Stadium-Tour/Stadium-Tour.aspx