Cameras, Cats & Costumes… Probably My Favorite Museum EVER!

I’ll start by confessing that I really don’t like cats. The evil eyes and death stares just aren’t appealing. I’m not really an animal person at all but somehow the memes do get to me. Something about using an animal to connect to the thoughts and ideas of humans makes things even funnier.

I mean seriously

I mean seriously

Throughout the readings, the meme is considered a single idea that becomes the framework to connect different discourse communities. This is no different with How Cats Took Over the Internet. A single community, which has since changed to the url From Cathobbyist.com, started the phenomenon that is now the universe of cat memes. When I first went through the exhibit, I didn’t think there was anything special about a bunch of cat enthusiasts, however there is something interesting about an animal becoming the focus of the internet.

My other meme

My other meme (Inside joke with a group of DJs)

To go into the other exhibits I have to say I was in love. There is so much work that goes into the film making process and I have more and more respect for it. The two exhibits that I fell in love with showed the makeup used in the filming of “The Cosby Show” and the figurines from “The Wiz”. As two of the most memorable parts of my childhood, seeing actually pieces from them made me so excited. This museum is going to be a regular part of my winter because there are some exhibits that I’m ready to explore.

The Makeup Used on The Cosby Show

The Makeup Used on The Cosby Show