Project Portfolio

*Please refer to our class workshops/individual conferences for more details about the Write-Up, and refer all to this post for even more helpful strategies and a write-up/portfolio checklist.

Project Portfolio

Each student will house her final project portfolio on her individual OpenLab ePortfolio.

Each person’s project (the “Write-Up” and multimodal deliverables) will look slightly different, depending on what was proposed/agreed upon for this assignment, and we will discuss this further in-class and individually, as the project progress.

However, everyone must incorporate a minimum of five secondary sources into her work and Write-Ups should be between 3000-5000 words. All of you have done new media composing experiments and have multimodal deliverables, so your Write-Up will provide researched argument / formal analysis / discussion of them.

In all cases, you should go through a number of drafts of your Write-Up. I am more than happy to provide feedback at multiple stages of your drafting, so if you would like my feedback, schedule appointment(s) to see me during my office hours.

Your final draft should be thoroughly revised, argumentative (you should provide claims, supporting evidence, analysis), well-structured / organized (clear paragraphs, topic sentences, transitions), cited (both in-text citations and a Works Cited section at the end, both in MLA format), and well-crafted at the sentence-level (make sure to edit / proofread your writing). Remember that as a City Tech student you have access to EasyBib for citation, if you chose to use it. You should also consult the Writing Resources on our course site. And, of course, you have already done a lot of these citations from your annotated bibliography, so if they are already correct, you can cut/paste from there.

Your ePortfolio should also be well-designed (personalized with a theme, header, menu, widgets, “about me” page, and section for this project). This is part of your grade as well.

Complete drafts are due by 2pm on Tu 12/8, and will receive peer review, class discussion, and instructor feedback (in individual conferences outside of class). Final (graded) drafts are due by 2pm on 12/15. *There is an extension until 12pm on M 12/21.