Homework- Phones and Photography

Hello Everyone,

My name is Hanzalah Rehman, Although I have recently started using Hanz as a shortened version to introduce myself due to numerous people having trouble with pronouncing it. I am in my fourth semester here at City Tech and am enjoying my time in the Computer Systems Major. I started my interest in computers as a small child but quickly grew to be invested in learning all I could from my instructors and on my own very quickly after taking the Software Track offered in the final two years of my High School.

As to the article and the questions posed, Regarding Phone Photography, Many phone manufacturers have used the camera as a marketing point, Samsung and Apple being just the two most prominent, and that is solely because they have a marketing team that works; They know what their consumers want and they are willing to pound that point into the ground to sell their product as demonstrated by Apple’s “Shot on the IPhone” ad campaign.

Apple is however slightly more readily available to advertise for this coveted feature than any Android Phone due to its entire integrated Operating  System, developed solely by Apple and optimized for the current generation of I-devices. Restrictive, but effective.On the other hand Android has a slightly more complicated development process with the main bulk of the Operating System being developed by Google and then each company, Samsung, HTC, Alcatel, Motorola, LG, adding onto that their own proprietary software they individually develop. Diverse enough for many tastes but not as efficient in utilizing some hardware components such as the Camera.

Overall though the Camera is such a huge selling point because so many people use it. Whether its to, as the parody mocks, take pictures of their meal, or for other uses such as me personally, I like to use my phone camera to take shots of my friends whenever we get   together and it becomes a momento of sorts of the occasion and brings me fond memories. As for making them more creative, In a way yes, I do believe it does. Having a phone with a High Quality Camera allows a person to take a spur of the moment snapshot – an Idea might pop into their heads and they would be able to act on it because of their phone with a High Quality Camera. If regular photographs can be taken as art, then why cant Smartphone Pictures, which are generally better in quality than earlier photographs and can have as deep a story to them?