Homework #1: Cell Phones and Photography

Hi my name is Luis Molina. This is my second year at city tech and I am majoring in Electrical Engineering.

In response to the Time article, I see that smartphone photography is becoming an inevitable trend among us. Whether its a once in a while thing, or you make it a hobby, we all become fascinated with what we could capture on our phones. Not to mention that smartphones make it very easy for us to capture great images. For example some of the pictures featured on the apple advertisements are from amateur photographers. As for the parody about food photography, I find it a bit exaggerated because we all know we use our phones more for social purposes than taking pictures of food. I believe that although there is negative feedback on phone photography being art, we all see art in a different way and it doesn’t have to be paintings or drawings all the time. I have seen many phone photographers tell stories through their pictures and it inspires others to be creative and think outside the box. That in itself should be considered art.

This entry was posted in Homework. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Homework #1: Cell Phones and Photography

1. Cherif says:

Hey Luis, I’m Cherif. I have to agree with you on your post about how the guy in the video exaggerated about food photography. People do not only use their phones to take pictures of food. I for example rarely take pictures of food unless I go to a “foreign” restaurant. I also have to agree with you on phone photography being art because art is just a person expressing themselves and creating something to be appreciated or understood by another person. So when we take pictures using our phones, we are artists in our own unique way.